Sunday, April 9, 2017

This is war

Yep, I'm officially at war with my type 2 diabetes.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in my very early 20s. My mother had diabetes. I believe one of her parents had it. A sister had gestational diabetes. At around 40, I was diagnosed with the insulin resistance that goes along with PCOS and prediabetes. And now, 20 years later, my type 2 diabetes, diagnosed maybe 15 years ago, my diabetes has become an asshole. And it's time to take it down.

It's like this cunning little critter moved in with me and sat quietly, rubbing its hands together while going through its evil snicker routine, and waited until now to say "fuck you, Donna!" My T2 is here and I have to deal with it.

This guy calls it "diabesity" and is dealing with it on his own terms. I want to read more of what he has to say for sure. But he reminded me it's war. Truly time to be on the offensive AND defensive.
Yesterday, I brought to you the middle of the night gobsmacker of a blood sugar. Over the day, I brought it down with proper eating and medication. Then before bed last night, my BS was up again with no food for 4 hours. And WTF? I wake up with a 294? I know I have overnight syndrome stuff happening, but am not sure how to deal with it. Slowly again today, the number is coming down rather than going up, which means I'm doing something right today, but I need to identify the overnight enemy and put the kibosh on that sucker.

This is war, folks. Yesterday, I was not happy and kind of down in the mouth. Today, I'm pissed.


Image Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment