Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Small victory

This is applying myself will do. Look at today's fasting! 113. What has changed? High protein, high vegetable content, and fairly low carb. Well, really low carb. Awareness of every damned carb that goes in my mouth. And, an evening snack of peanut butter on potato bread. I know that sounds weird, but potato bread doesn't mess with my overnight numbers, as I'm slowly proving to myself. Until I'm sick of it, I will continue to try that as a snack to keep my liver and pancreas happy overnight. The mystery continues to unravel as to what works and what doesn't work for me. I'm going to try yesterday's breakfast but with a different type of bread and see if it makes a difference. Dr. K asked that I keep my late night meal as the lowest carb meal of the day. That doesn't allow me to go nuts during the day, though!

2:40 p.m. Dammit, I had a low while I was out shopping.  I did check my BS before I left, but I guess I was gone too long. I looked for the least offensive candy bar I could find and got a small Hershey with Almonds. It did the trick, but my BS before lunch was 217. The power of sugar. Sigh. The war continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment