Monday, February 13, 2017

Whole30 Round 3 Day 1

I'm feeling pretty good about deciding to do a Whole30. The larder is stocked and there's no reason to sway from the rules. The sugar addiction will start to fade after a few days, but I suspect it will be a small issue for the first little bit. Adding quitting smoking to the mix is going to be interesting, but I have prepped on that point too. Taking my life back.

A little breakfast. I discovered I like grape/cherry tomatoes at a Superbowl party, so I have a tub of those to enjoy. Winnie left me a half an apple, so onto the plate it went. Two fried eggs seasoned with a touch of nutritional yeast, and I was good to go. Loving eggs is going to be a challenge too, but not one I can't face head on. I've sort of OD'd on them over the past several years. This morning is Moral Mondays, so I'll be busy with that. I have a few errands to run and then work time. 

1:30 p.m. Lunch. Applegate hot dog (compliant), and a melange of cabbage, onions, garlic, and potato sauteed in bacon fat. Holy cow, it's good. Did Moral Mondays and came home hungry. BS is a little high before lunch, but I'm sure that's because of a high fasting, which I did not take. That will level out in a day or two. Strawberries on tap for snack later. 

Okay, shoot me. I had potatoes twice today. This time, they were with canned asparagus and a burger ground from the loin I purchased the other day. The sauce is Tessamae's Caesar dressing and well, it was darned tasty. I will absolutely buy it again. It's 100% compliant and well, there ya go. Thank you once again Tessamae's

My Fitness Pal breaks down today's intake and I'm liking what I see. I need to up the protein, but did cook up some chicken today so I have extra around. (I will miss cheese for this, but oh well.) The sugar being down is way great. My blood sugars are telling the tale too. I am sort of surprised at the calories taken in, but am not focusing on them right now. 

On another note:
I'm not smoking :) Cinnamon sticks (organic, of course, from McCormick) help a lot. I've got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment