Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Words of wisdom

I received this in email today and it's perfect timing. I'm still committed, though not obsessed, but guess what? I'm bumping it up a notch back to obsession. Read this:

There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses - only results. -Ken Blanchard
Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you. -Unknown
Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer. -Marcia Wieder.
Commitment is the glue that bonds you to your Goals. -Jill Koenig. 

It spoke to me.  The middle piece in particular.

I've restarted exercise classes and watch what I eat like a hawk most days. I've had a couple of evenings when I've overeaten in terms of snacking. I continue to work on the draw of the pantry and frig. Mindfulness is not a part time job for sure. 

I am not checking my blood sugars as often as I should, but that's corrected today. I can pretend the numbers don't count, but they do. 

Blogging is going to be important for me. I know this and now that I've written it down, I am recommitted to it.

Wednesday it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment