Sunday, October 2, 2016

Knee replacement #3 scheduled!

Yes, number 3. The first one included a bad knee appliance that I didn't learn about until 3 years ago. It is holding it's own, but could go kaboom at any time, and that would be catastrophic. And so, it's time. I want to get this behind me.

I met with the physician and set everything up, and my hemoglobin A1c (diabetes long term indicator) came back at 7.6. Dr. Carter requires, and is stringent about, a 7.5 or lower. Grumble! I spoke with the scheduler and agreed to have it checked again in another month (last Thursday). Yesterday, I looked at the blood work and, blimey, it's 7.3! That means we're a go for October 25.

I'm glad to get this behind me so I can get on with walking and being me, and being able to not worry about it ever again.

James Dalles, MD, if you're reading this, you really messed me up 6 years ago. I didn't know it was a bum surgery until I had a good one a year after your amateur hour at my expense. I figured everyone had knee replacements that resulted in the same gnarly scar and extended rehab and pain that mine did. Nope, you're just a skunk doctor. I am forever grateful you left town and Dr. Anthony Carter was recommended as an alternative. Thanks to you, I get to have yet another knee replacement. Double grumble.

On the plus side, it will be Dr. Carter again this time. I'd recommend him to anyone. He's a world away from the first guy. It's unknown whether this will be a partial appliance replacement or a full, and he won't know until he goes in and sees the damage. Either way, this time next year, I'll be better than like new.

Let the surgery prep begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment