Monday, October 5, 2015

The summer of pee

My whole summer has been consumed with pee - bladder tumor, surgery, chemo allergy, more surgery, peeing every 5 minutes during the day and every 15 minutes at night, and major frustration that my doctor wasn't listening or hearing what I was saying when I knew there was something dreadfully wrong. I got so sick of hearing "normal healing." I was nonplussed about being told it wasn't my decision to make when I suggested a cystoscopy at the height of my pain periods. I was so tired of pain that no one other than my regular family doctor took seriously. I hate that I know where every bathroom is within a certain number of miles and having to plan even the shortest trip outside the house.

I'm starting to see some improvement. I slept 3-1/2 hours last night and 5 the night before. I still need naps to function and find myself falling asleep at the oddest times. What wakes me up? The need to pee.

I have had pain with every single pee since June 18, 2015. It's better, but it is still there. The degree of pain is variable, but tolerable.

My summer of pee has been a major pain in the ass. I'm ready for autumn to be a more pleasurable season. And I think it will be.

I wouldn't wish a summer of pee on my worst enemy.


No comments:

Post a Comment