Friday, October 16, 2015

Neuro everything

I saw the neurologist today for an evaluation (slept 3-hour blocks last night) and one thing kept rising to the top - sleep deprivation.

Consider that I have not had a full night's sleep since June 18, 2015. For most of the time following, I got up every 15 minutes to 1 hour at the most. I nap, but it is not restorative.

At any rate, the stumbling, etc., is most likely yet another after effect of the surgeries and the lack of diagnosing the allergy sooner, meaning my deprivation has lasted a lot longer than it ever should have.

The handwriting will probably improve over time. I will see a physical therapist for balance training and exercise program, I will take a low dose of a drug (mysoline?) to assist with the trembling, and I will have an MRI just to rule out something drastic.



That's my anthem for today. Elvin Bishop sings it better than I can say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment