Thursday, September 17, 2015

Things from today

My big thing today was an appointment with my endocrinologist. My hemoglobin A1c is improved, but I did admit that most of my focus has been on the bladder issues. I'm going to start my spreadsheet again and will see her in 3 months.

While I was pulling into her parking lot, I got a call from Dr. Volz' office. My culture showed bacteria and yeast! I have an infection. I'm actually quite excited about it because it is tangible and can be treated with little hoopla. I've already started the diflucan and macrobid. This may or may not be playing a role in the severity of the symptoms I still am having. But you know what? He cared enough to do one more culture. It's crazy to be happy about this, but I am. It's a start.

Abbey's been her usual amazing self today. While I was gone, she took a bowl off the counter, but didn't dump it out. It looks like her real target was a piece of cardboard behind the bowl that had a little pizza mess on it. My fault for leaving it out.

I took a little trip to Trader Joe's and got out of there for <$30, Another amazing feat. I also did not go to Starbucks for a frappuccino and pumpkin bread.

So far, so good. I hope to continue to have good news to report. I don't expect anything overnight, but I have a good feeling about the direction in which this healing is finally headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment