Saturday, September 5, 2015

The long and the short of a Saturday

Not my best sleeping night, but I lived. An hour at a time is better than a half hour or less. I'll take it!

When I got up around 6:30, I decided to get up and tell Richard I'd like to go to Richmond with him. I knew he wanted to leave around 7 and I grabbed a quick shower. With our travel mugs in tow, we hit the road. Coffee being the key word there. Just before Mechanicsville, I did have to ask him to find a stop. We found a nice Valero and I even bought some hand wipes since his work truck is too manly for those :)

We got to Green Top and he picked up some reloading supplies. I'm tickled that he's picking up a new hobby. (He later made 2 bullets later and one was not so good and the other was seriously loud; he said he destroyed that pine cone he hit!) I wanted to look at shoulder holsters and pistols. They have an amazing number of pink guns! I'm happy with the one I use (not pink). I'm not that great a shot, but I'm okay. He went back to look at more reloading stuff, so I hit the loo. Or is it a head in a gun shop? I was totally overcome by the camo, camo, camo! all over the place. We were definitely not in Kansas anymore.

We took a back road out of there and found an Aunt Sarah's. I can't say I've ever been in one, but have seen them forever. It was just the right place to stop for breakfast. And of course, I took advantage of the fact that they had a bathroom.

By then, it had been apple juice, coffee, and water, and about half way home, well, you know the rest. McDonald's in Bottom's Bridge.

The score at that point was 3 hours out and about and 4 stops. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I grabbed my gun and headset, and we blew away a detergent bottle. Oh yes we did. I love that are targets are recyclable.

The TMI part is that I'm still having burning, not enough to take medication, but it's there and annoying as can be.

Green Top is not quite Bass Pro (still haven't been there), but I got my redneck fill of the day for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment