Friday, September 4, 2015

Lightening up a little

Yes, I am the party to whom I am speaking.

And today, I might speak of a smidgen of improvement. Like I said yesterday, Robin noticed I wasn't going to the bathroom as much as I had been. Well, I'm noticing it today. Last night was still a night of 2 hours of sleep at a time, but that's so much better than every 15 minutes to a half hour. That was the norm before the second surgery.

There is still a small amount of pain that is about the same. I'd like to see that part of this journey truly hit the road.

I spend a lot of time discussing the negatives of what's been happening before and after the first surgery, and I am cautiously optimistic after the second surgery. There's always the chance of a partial cystectomy, but I'm done thinking about that until the doctor says it's imminent. And at that point, I'll seek a second opinion and probably switch doctors. I'm trying to document the good and the bad. It's important to me for some reason. I'm also trying to maintain a decent attitude, but sometimes, more than I'd care to admit, I have fuckit moments and you get to read about that here. That's why sometimes I will tag a post with "cussing" or "brain farts." Deal with it.

I'm drinking a lot of water and easing back into the paleo/primal way of eating. Some things need to be used up, but they won't be re-bought. That's as much for the diabetes as anything, which is the one health problem I can control with diet, exercise, and some meds. And exercise at the pool will return in a couple weeks unless one or both doctors on Tuesday say to wait a little longer.

Anyway, I'm having an okay day. I listened to harpsichord music while I was sewing, which implies that I was sewing (yay!). I spent a cup of coffee's worth of time trolling Kim Davis fans on Twitter. I know it wasn't nice, but I used logic which baffled her fans, and it felt good.

Right now, tortellini and spinach are boiling on the stovetop. I'm going to try tomato sauce and see how it goes. If there's pain, I know it's not time yet for tomato products. Only one way to tell, right?

Have a perfect Friday. I'll keep working on my surprisingly average one, which makes it pretty damned remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment