Thursday, September 24, 2015

It's the allergy, not the cancer, but.....

I sent this picture to my nephew today. He had a particularly tough year with a rare cancer, plus he's ex-Navy, so I thought it suited him. He's doing well now and waiting for a reconstructive surgery. Love him dearly and it was painful watching him go through his ups and downs.

His response was, "my next tattoo."  Gave me a nice grin.

I've taken a much needed day to do a whole lot of nothing. Tom came by after work to pick up a piece of mail and shoot the breeze for a while. It was really nice to just sit outside and talk for a while.

I want to try to get to bed at a decent hour tonight. Even though I only sleep in one hour stretches, I still need to get enough rest to get up early and head for Portsmouth. I'm a bit of a bundle of nerves since there may be some answers to the "what," "why," and "what's next" questions. I am remaining optimistically hopeful.

Frequency was tampered a bit today with ibuprofen. I'm not keen on taking high doses for a long period of time, but right now, that's not my top concern.

And so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment