Friday, September 18, 2015

Got out for a little bit today

Last night was another 1-hour stretch of sleep night. I'm almost getting used to it. That's not my idea of a good time. Today has been the typical 5-20 minutes between pees. The pain is not as bad. It's about a 5 when I go and tapers off to a 1ish at the baseline. I'm still taking the antibiotic and antiyeast medications. Macrobid and diflucan. That should help some if the bacteria and yeast that Dr. Volz found on culture is a part of the problem.

Sentara called and my CT with contrast is scheduled for 9/23 at 3 p.m. Specifically, it's a CT Urography with CT2 GE. Then 9/25, I have the cystoscopy with Dr. Volz in Portsmouth and then lunch with Stefanie.

I've had some things that needed to get to the post office, so today was the day. I didn't want to keep letting grass grow under my feet. I got Abbey in the Jeep and off we went. I chatted with Carol at the post office (and borrowed her bathroom) and a woman walked in and said, "There's a German shepherd out there driving a Jeep." Cracks me up. Every time I take her anywhere, she hops into the driver's seat until I get back. She enjoyed the ride and when we drove through at the pharmacy, they offered her a biscuit, which she took in no time at all.

It doesn't sound like much, but we got out of the house and that's that.

I got a little sewing done. My Bernina is back again, so I had to switch things out. I'm making pumpkin potholders for now. I have more Trick or Treat bag squares cut out, and those will be next. I'd really like to make myself a vest, but haven't had the desire to go through my fabric yet. I will. It's coming!

Oh, I called the tattoo guy, Aaron, at Sinful Skin, and made an appointment for November 11. My 60th birthday tattoo is going to happen.

Wish for me some sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment