Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Day got a little better

My day sucked for the most part - no sleep, fire in the hoo hoo area, fire pee, no appetite, a bit of nausea, and just felt gross. I was able to take a 1.5-hour nap this afternoon and that helped with the mental part of my being. After Richard got home, I took a trip to Pet Smart and Martin's. I used the facilities at both places. Still fire perineum and pee. Bummer.

When I got home, I decided to take a Percocet. After an hour, I felt soooo much better. I haven't used them lately and don't want to. Tomorrow, I'm going back to taking the ibuprofen a few times a day and see if that will stave off days like today. This is my first really crummy day.

Abbey has spent a few hours out of her collar, a la the cone of shame, and has done well. Between the changes in food and water and the collar and lack of medications, she's showing some real signs of her old self. I'll put the collar back on before we go to bed. I can't observe her at night.

Richard and I decided that instead of taking our time (7-8 p.m.) to watch TV or something just as exciting, we're going to leash up the dog and start walking the field. It's going to take me a good long while to get back into exercising like I was, but I miss it. The nurses suggested 4 weeks out of the pool and I agree. We will start with the walking tomorrow. The dog needs it, I need it, and it's a good way to spend our time together. I'm so good with this plan. Anything that will make us feel more human and less controlled by this fucking bladder of mine is a good thing. And if worst comes to worst, I can pop a squat in the woods.

I truly need to remember I'm healing. I am not yet healed. Days like today will happen. Kristen compared a day like today as feeling like a busted can of biscuits. I love that analogy.

My wish is for a bit of sleep tonight. I have insurance forms for United to fill out, blood to get drawn, and some sewing to work in. I didn't sew today and I am thinking I should have. It always takes me out of a bad space.

Oh, Allison's reception venue has been settled. I've asked her for some likes and dislikes for food and some music suggestions. After that, Sandy and I will get together and start planning, if the kids give us the go-ahead. Allison needs to focus on school. Us taking the reception out of her hands would make life a lot easier for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment