Monday, September 7, 2015

Angst day

Tomorrow is Dr. Hoag (regular doc) and Dr. Burgess (pee pee doc) day. I get results from pathology, which is always worrisome. I get to complain about pain that is still occurring, and I get to hear the 'what's next' from Dr. B.

Dr. Hoag and I will not be seeing each other as much as we used to now that I have an endocrinologist, but I did read my blood work and saw that my Hemoglobin A1c was down by 3 points, which is frickin amazing. That means, on the diabetes front, I'm doing better. I totally need to get exercise back in my life and I will.

My personal long term goal, given that there are no more complications, is to get to where I have 1-hour stretches between visits to the terlet and then go back to the pool 3 days a week. I need it. I want it. I miss it. The rest of my life is better when I attend class.

As for today's report, I slept about an hour at a stretch last night. No pain meds. No sleeping pills. I was at about 15 minutes to a half hour today. I drank 3 bottles of water to dilute, but still experienced pain today. It's a weird thing that starts to hurt toward the end of the stream and it creeps up to the top of my head. This morning was particularly bad (TMI time), so I did a cold cloth routine to the perineum, made sure it was good and dry, and applied A&D. It helped some. I still feel there's something caustic happening.

I want to be optimistic. I truly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment