Friday, August 7, 2015

Taking my life back

No, I don't sleep much. Yes, I pee all the damned time. Yes, I'm still sloughing off crap from my bladder. But, no, I'm not dead. I may not feel like me, but I'm thinking it's time to start trying to make that happen.

A couple things happened this week which fall into the positive column - Going to Busch Gardens with Stefanie, Adam, Sandy, and their kids for a couple hours. Watching the kids and hanging with the family was good medicine. I also went to play card with Robin last night and just had good conversation and silly talk. Plus, I won. Not by much! It was neck and neck all the way, which made it a great game of Rummy. Both things were part of my "I can't sit at home one moment longer" moments.

Every day is a new day. Every day is a gift. I got to wake up today.

My plan is to start with food today. Kinda paleo, definitely low carb, focused on flavor and controlling diabetes. I want to keep myself pretty strict and honest for a few days until I fall into a rhythm. I'll be using My Fitness Pal to keep up with macros and calories. Here's my breakfast of eggs, zephyr squash, bacon, and a smidgen of shredded cheese (no ketchup - steering clear of super high acid foods for now):


Of course, I shared the bacon with Abbey. Still using the no sugar, no chemicals bacon from Wellness Meats. It's like the best bacon around!

The day has begun. I'm sick of being sick. I'm ready to be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment