Saturday, August 29, 2015

Saturday thoughts

Last night, I got two 2-hour stretches of sleep. The others were an hour, but I like the improvement. I am off the pain meds; the "pissing fire" is now "pissing hot water" and bearable. I need to have my brain more engaged during the day and don't like not being able to drive.

After the TURBT in June, it was day 3 that my extreme pain episode began. Looking back, I now know why pyridium did not help - it was not regular bladder spasms; it was my bladder telling me I was having an extreme allergic reaction. I think what bothers me most is that the doctor's office didn't take me seriously and called everything "normal healing." I had done my homework at the time and though there was information saying that spasms, relatively normal after this type of surgery, were painful, there was nothing that took it to the extreme I was experiencing. It wasn't until much later that I heard the words, "maybe you're having an allergic reaction to the mitomycin." It was the office visit where the nurse told me I was there to see just her and I said that, "no, I am here to see the doctor," and reiterated that the phone call I had received told me to come in and "see him." It was a very low point for me, so much so that I had to have Richard there to hear what was being said as I was sleeping in 15-minute spurts and was unable to maintain that which I processed. That's also the reason I have written everything down.

This morning, I'm feeling okay. Like I said yesterday, I'm not there yet, but I have hope.

I am absolutely doing things by the book. My diet is back closer to primal and as the not-so-primal foods leave the house, they won't be returning. I'm keeping a better check on blood sugars. Today, I will take a short walk. I'll avoid the pool until I am fully healed. Overall, I have the desire and energy to take care and move forward.

Maybe tonight I'll sleep 3 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment