Friday, August 28, 2015

As the day has continued

I have felt mentally more like me. I've done some busywork around the house that has needed attention for a while, including a load of clothes and cooking dinner. I haven't felt up to doing just the normal day-to-day activities like that for some time now.

Richard told me that Dr. Burgess told him the cauterized tissues looked pretty good. I like that concept. I've seen very little blood in the urine today, but it does still feel like fire on the way out. My hope is that I won't need the pain medication for more than three days. I have used the A&D ointment today, twice, in order to protect the perineum and surrounding tissues.

I had two naps today to help overcome the up every hour sleep of last night. The first one was early in the day and was about an hour and a half with one pee break. At around 2 p.m., I hit the wall and needed sleep. I gave up my 4 p.m. shift and decided to just sleep until Richard came  home. He came home and saw me sleeping in the recliner and left me there. At 6 p.m., I got up on my own. It was actually a total of about 3 hour of uninterrupted sleep. I haven't done that since June 18, 2015! There were no pee breaks. Amazing.

Dinner was simple, but I felt like cooking it, another bonus. I got the dishes done by hand rather than leaving them until tomorrow to put in the machine. More like me.

I don't want to give the impression that all is well. All is not well. But you know what? All is better. And I still have hope.

On average, pee intervals have been 5-20 minutes. I've been drinking water and that should help with everything.

And as a bonus, Abbey is still doing well. Her hair is growing back beautifully and it almost looks like her eye was never marred. I'm so proud of her. I cannot go near PetCo tomorrow as the Virginia German Shepherd Rescue will be there with adoptable dogs. No!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment