Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy 4th now that it's almost the 5th

We've had a quiet day here in Croaker.

I made these:


They're Brazilian cheese rolls like you get at those Brazilian steak houses. It was my first attempt. The flavor was amazing and both Richard and Abbey loved them. I will absolutely try them again. I've never used tapioca flour before. 

On the bladder thingie front, there are still weird tingles and frequency. I'm ready for this part to be over. I have an appointment with Dr. H on Monday. I wanted to reschedule, but I waited too long. I didn't have my blood work done either. Do I suck or what? We'll have a little $40 chat and then I'll make sure to get the blood work done next time. Too many doctors to keep up with these days. That's what a little cancer and diabetes will do for you.

I watched Yankee Doodle Dandy tonight. I can't count the number of times I've seen it and, to tell the truth, I'll watch it again next year. I always tear up at the end when he's walking with the soldiers singing, "Over There." I love the gentle tone of the film and appreciate what long takes entail versus today's fast moving, quick cutting movies. Good job everyone. 

The across-the-street-guy shot off fireworks around 10, so we went on the back deck to watch for a bit. 

I gifted Richard with a plate of CheezIts with a candle in the middle and told him it was his firecrackers. He didn't guffaw, but I think he got a chuckle out of it. 

Blood sugars, by the way, are coming into range again. I made the decision to eat better starting today and did a pretty good job. Tomorrow, I continue learning to ride my bike.

Exercise: Leg, knee, and hip work standing on the deck. Lifting hand weights in several directions. 

Weight training of any kind can up your metabolism some. Anything is a good thing. 

It has been a good day in Croaker. Oh yes, it has. 

No comments:

Post a Comment