Thursday, July 30, 2015

An hour is a beautiful thing

Richard decided to go to the doctor with me. I did my specimen and then the nurse did an emptying test. She came back about 10 minutes later with a bag and said "He'd like  you to try Vesicare for a couple weeks." I told her I had already tried that. Then I realized that she was also telling me nonverbally that this was it. I asked if I was seeing the doctor and she said this was a nurse visit. I told her no, I was called and told to come in at 3 to "see him." She made a "well okay then" face and left the room.

After a bit, Dr Burgess breezed in and asked what the Sam Hill was up with me and that he had never seen this before. He went into how people with gigantic tumors don't have this much trouble. He went over some options and mentioned cystoscopy and I said I was wondering about that. He looked at me and said, "That is not your decision to make." What? Anyway, we went on to talking about potential inflammation and possible allergic reaction to the mitomycin they instilled after surgery. He suggested high dose ibuprofen and Benadryl. We talked about pain medications and Richard brought up the fact that they make me feel better and I said I was keeping ahead of the pain on urination. He said that the feeling better was not a reason to take narcotics and suggested Valium. I said no, I had plenty of things to relax me. Then he went on to say that narcotics do not help bladder pain. Well, he's wrong, but that's okay. I really don't need them. We arranged for a cystoscopy on Monday morning.

I took the ibu when I got home and Richard went to get the Benadryl because I couldn't take a trip to the store. After dinner, I fell asleep while Richard watched the news. He said I slept for 45 minutes. Later, I went at least 45 minutes and didn't pee. Then I went for an hour!

Could it be as simple as ibuprofen all this time? Inflammation is my problem? Motherfucker. I'm so frickin excited I could cry. Ah maze ing.

I have hope.

I may sleep tonight.

I may pee like a regular person tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment