Monday, June 22, 2015

What a day

I called the uro's office around 9:30 to express my dismay at the excruciating pain, urgency, and frequency. The nurse eventually called back and said my doctor was out, but she'd talk to the other doctor and call me back. Around 1:30, I still hadn't heard back, so I called again. She called me again and told me that they were closing the office due to their AC being broken. I told her I was on my way over just in case there was a written pain med Rx to pick up. She said the doctor said to go to an urgent care center or my regular doctor, that it sounded like I had an infection. I said, "You're telling me that y'all aren't going to help me?" She didn't really reply.

As I was headed to that side of town anyway, I called my regular doctor and explained that I was post-op, in severe pain, and really needed some help. She asked if I could come in at 2:45. I told her I was almost to their office and she told me to come on in and they'd do what they could.

TMI, but I peed 2 times before I even saw the doctor. I didn't mind waiting. I was in a state. My BP was up. My pulse was up. I was sweaty. I was hurting (even when not peeing). And I was on the verge of tears. Dr. H and I talked about what brought me there and he said he wasn't sure of what was going on, but would run a culture on the urine and start me on antibiotics in case of infection and write a small prescription for pain meds. That's all I wanted. I need some temporary relief here.

A night of essentially no sleep, pain that I've never felt before, and just having had surgery - this concerned me.

I got a snack on the way home as my BS was diving in addition to everything else, then headed for the pharmacy. I dropped off the scripts and came home. I got my bottle of the few pills I had and took 2. I am pleasantly waiting for the pain to drop from an 11 to an 8. I'd be fine with that level. I had fucking knee replacements. I can do anything. When it gets beyond me, it's a mess.

I will absolutely be changing urologists. I love Dr. Burgess, but this is unacceptable. Richard sees Dr. Volz, and though he's in Portsmouth, I don't mind the drive until he opens an office in Williamsburg again.

In the meantime, I will veg, drink water, pee a lot, and hopefully not be screaming to Jesus, Joseph, and Mary every 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment