Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Phone calls and schedules and stuff, oh my

Today is going to be a medical filled day.

I spoke with the assessment nurse at the hospital this morning and she tells me I'm tentatively scheduled for 12:30 on Thursday. That's a long ass time to go without eating, but it's okay. She cracked up when I admitted to occasional marijuana use. Why lie?

I'll be seeing Dr. Knudsen (endocrinologist) today and will deal with what meds to take or not take on surgery day. I also hope to get a "let's keep doing what you're doing" report from her. I will get lab work from her to take to the hospital.

Then at the hospital, I'll get an EKG. I already had all the lab work when I was in the ER in April, so no need to redo all that.

I got an amazing email from Joanna. She and Brian are such good people. He's close to the end of his chemo and will be addressing reconstructive surgery soon. I want so badly for him to be done with this.

And on a personal note, I'm ready for getting back to worrying about what's for dinner.

Abbey has had a rash on the back of her rear legs for a while now, treated twice. Now she has raw spots on the front legs. She'll be visiting Dr. Kinkead Friday.

Time to work and start my real day. Fuck cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment