Monday, June 22, 2015

Fuck keeping calm

Lest I bitch too loudly, let me present a graphical representation of my day thus far.


I have cried uncle and called the doctor's office. I can't do this another day. Last night was a nightmare. I went to bed at 10 and was up every 15 minutes needing to pee. That created excruciating pain which takes 5-10 minutes to wean away, and then I'm up again in 15 minutes. This went on for hours. I got up and went downstairs to read. After not going to the bathroom and screaming bloody blue murder, I took a sleeping pill and finally was able to calm down enough to sleep for a while.

My hope was that this morning would be different. It's not. This pain is worse than the knee replacement pain with one exception. The night of the second knee surgery, I had huge breakthrough pain and the kindest nurse on the planet put some Demerol in my IV. That was a one time deal. This is over and over and over and over.

The cycle is - drink water to heal, pee, cry and scream, recover for 5-10 minutes. That's the day in a nutshell. I have to drink the water to clear things out. I can see why children with UTIs won't drink. It keeps them from having to pee. I can dig it. But I'm old enough to know that's not the answer.

At any rate, I am begging for pain meds. I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor's office. I'd rather sit here stoned for a couple of days if it would take the edge off than having to deal with this one more minute. This coming from someone who is not even close to a pain wimp.

Send happy pee thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment