Saturday, March 28, 2015

Whole 1, day 1 (Whole30, taking it a day at a time)

I'd like to say I'm going to do a full Whole30, but my tact is to take it one day at a time. I'm doing this for myself and for health. My life has been a tad out of control and it's time to grab onto the one thing that I can control without question. Today is day 1. I've cleaned out some of the noncompliant foods, including throwing away some candy I bought for my trip home from Glen Burnie yesterday. I will keep the hard candies for blood sugar issues, but won't eat them just for fun. They were bought for medicinal purposes anyway!

So let's get this WholeWhatever party started. Breakfast was served.

Asparagus that was cooked with the sugar free bacon, and two fried eggs. I think this is one of the first times I've ever eaten eggs without ketchup by choice! Eeep. That doesn't sound like much to most, but to me, it's a big deal. 


Lunch was pretty good. I'm trying to not have brown foods all the time, which you can do in the paleo world if you don't watch out. I need to get some tomatoes for some flare. In the meantime, I cut up a boneless chicken breast and put that in a pan with asparagus and mushrooms, and of course, ghee. I added some seasoning and plenty of pepper, and chowed down. 

I've been drinking coffee and then water today. I'm hoping that not drinking sodas won't be a problem. 

Filet of beef, mushrooms, and a sweet potato/white potato mash for dinner

Right now is my struggle time. I will be going to bed at 10, so I won't have to deal with this for long. I've had a few apple slices and a handful of walnuts, and my day is done as far as food is concerned.

My blood sugar went down all day long. Good foods do that. The potato blend at dinner is the only time it went up at all. That's normal. With the balanced snack of nuts and fruit tonight, the fasting in the morning should be amazing. 

All in all, day 1 of what will now be my Whole2 has gone very well. I do wish I didn't have nighttime eating thoughts, but I do and I need to work my way through them. For now, I have good foods (shopped for veggies and fruits), good attitude, and good support at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment