Thursday, January 29, 2015

I didn't mean to walk a mile, really!

This picture has nothing at all to do with my day. 

I took the dog out and decided to walk a few times around the yard; my goal was 3 laps. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but 12 laps is a mile. As I was walking, I started a little self-talk about how I like to eat and therefore, I need to exercise, so I decided to do 6 laps. About lap 5, I reminded myself that I couldn't have both good food and laziness, and decided to go a few more. Before I knew it, I was on my cooling down lap, number 12.

My lesson learned today (and other days when this has happened) is to go out and walk a few laps and bump it up as I go along. If I don't feel like it, it's okay; my goal was to walk 3.

That's 2 days of pool exercise and 1 of land exercise thus far this week. I will have at least 1 more half-hour of walking to make my pact or I will go to the pool and do my own thing to make my pact.

Accidental exercise = damn, that felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment