Saturday, October 25, 2014

Weight loss decision, take 37+

After I had my left knee replaced, I joined Weight Watchers (again!) on July 25, 2011. After losing about 30ish pounds, I had my right knee replaced. Overall, I lost 65+ pounds and felt really good. Around November 2012, I stopped losing and honestly, I probably stopped trying so hard. Who knows what pathology got in the way, but it did. Fast forward to April 2013, when my doctor suggested I try a Whole30. I did. Full steam ahead for the month of May. Following that, I was strict paleo, and got to about 85 pounds down. Somewhere between then and now, I've put 20 back on and had a come-to-jesus talk with myself last week and decided to rejoin Weight Watchers. Yesterday was my first meeting. It ends a half hour before exercise class starts, so that's going to work out well schedule wise. This is the first time in my life I said STOP! Hammer time. Yay me.

Part of what has changed is that I'm older. I don't have as much to prove. Not that I really did before, but it's a turn of a phrase that seems to work for the situation. There may be some evidence that having a little extra body weight is better for seniors. I'll never be a size 0, so I'm probably okay in that regard.

I am gonna be a fashionable old lady. With the things I'm sewing, my wardrobe is becoming funky, slowly but surely. (Hey, don't call me Shirley!) It's been a dream of mine to wear what I want in the style I want, and I'm achieving it. That's one reason for the need to put the brakes on with food again. Clothes or food? Food or clothes? I can wear groovy clothes with a decent weight and my diabetes under control. There's no vice versa there.

I think another change is that I'm a happy person. Today is our 38th anniversary. I know that weight and money don't make happy. People and self do. I have no false expectations anymore.

So, there you go. It's me and Weight Watchers with a paleo focus to keep the diabetes straight and get that 20 pounds off. It needs to go and I'm willing to put myself into the getting rid of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment