Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Whole30 #2, Day 1.2 (Recipe - zucchini fritters with apples)

I can't call this day 5 because I fell off the strict wagon yesterday, so we'll call it 1.2. When I get to day 5 again, off comes the .2! Falling off the wagon led to higher blood sugars too. Surprise! Not. Not acceptable.
Husband is on his way to NJ with his brother for the day. I cooked bacon much earlier today for his sandwich and my breakfast. Therefore, I ate mine then! Later, I tossed fresh asparagus in the pan and saluted them fairly quickly, took them out, added the two eggs, and when they were done, put two whirled Campari tomatoes in the pan. And there you have it, breakfast! Very good stuff. 

I'm sticking the Whole30. Fucking up is not an option. The end.

A few folks have been posting zucchini fritters on the post W30 Facebook page. I absolutely copied them for lunch. Most of the ones shown on the FB page have some sort of flour in them. I did things a little differently.
Recipe:  I shredded 1 zucchini and 1/2 of an apple, added 2 eggs and some pumpkin pie spice. I mixed this completely and let the flavors meld in the refrigerator for about a half hour. I melted about a tablespoon of ghee on a flat pan and made 3 patties of the mixture on the pan. I browned one side quickly on a medium high heat and then turned them over, lowering the heat to a medium low. I wanted the zucchini and apple cooked through, and they were after a while. I turned the heat back up and browned the slow cooked side. That's it.

The ham was left over from last night. I wasn't able to finish it after having 2 of the fritters! Abbey enjoyed the leftovers (only the ham). I put the third fritter in the frig and will have it tonight or tomorrow. 

A nice combo. Left over Hungarian goulash broth in which I cooked the cubed potatoes and broccoli, and a side of beef filet. So tasty. I have a bit of the broth left. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I'm not tossing it out.

My 2-hour blood sugar after dinner was low. I need to maybe have fruit with dinner or I need to be taking less medication. This low stuff is not cool. I had to add carbs mid-day and again after dinner to cover lows. Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment