This casserole made me very happy. Here's the layering from the bottom up:
- Thinly sliced fingerling or new potatoes - Just enough to make a thin layer on the bottom of the casserole dish. I used 4, but would use less next time.
- Tomatoes, either fresh or canned and drained - I used a can of organic tomatoes chopped and drained them, but a large fresh one would work too
- Browned/caramelized onions - I used a large onion and browned them last night
- Sausage - I cooked mine last night and used 3 small crumbled patties in the casserole; I used hot sausage.
- Eggs (I whirled mine in the Magic Bullet) poured over top
- Shredded cheese (Optional)
- I used an 8" square casserole dish and baked at 350° for about 40 minutes.
This could be made Whole30 friendly or you can branch out and make it a little more paleo/primal like mine. Today, though, this is my breakfast and not yours!