Monday, September 8, 2014

Let's make it a day of pictures! (Recipe: Another breakfast casserole)

This casserole made me very happy. Here's the layering from the bottom up:
  • Thinly sliced fingerling or new potatoes - Just enough to make a thin layer on the bottom of the casserole dish. I used 4, but would use less next time.
  • Tomatoes, either fresh or canned and drained - I used a can of organic tomatoes chopped and drained them, but a large fresh one would work too
  • Browned/caramelized onions - I used a large onion and browned them last night
  • Sausage - I cooked mine last night and used 3 small crumbled patties in the casserole; I used hot sausage. 
  • Eggs (I whirled mine in the Magic Bullet) poured over top
  • Shredded cheese (Optional)
  • I used an 8" square casserole dish and baked at 350° for about 40 minutes. 


This could be made Whole30 friendly or you can branch out and make it a little more paleo/primal like mine. Today, though, this is my breakfast and not yours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment