Sunday, August 24, 2014

Jumping into the primal pool feet first

I have a few slices of pumpernickel from Whole Foods left, and I'm not about to toss it out. So, I gussied it up with a good soak in organic eggs and called it French toast. The patty pan squash was cooked with the pancetta and was really delightful. I'm almost out of those. The garden is starting to burn out, but there are a few left on the vines. To top it all off, I cut up half of my last garden tomato, warmed it in the pan, and tossed it on top of the French toast. I felt like I was eating food from a 5 star restaurant. Okay, maybe not that good, but pretty damned close. 

Finishing up some other things I have. Gluten free, flax/pumpkin waffles (Whole Foods goodie), yogurt, and peach for lunch. My pre-lunch blood sugar was down from the fasting (260 fasting, 251 before lunch), so that's a good thing. I got a 3/4 mile walk in earlier. I believe I'll be back to swimming this week now that the dog scratch wound is healed. It was way too deep for my comfort when it comes to a public pool. 

My goal this week is to up the veggie intake. I've been a little lax compared to this time last year. I have plenty of good food to prepare and plenty of impetus to get it done. My weakness is the last night. There's nothing new about that. With the new meds, I have to have a little something, but I do not have to have a pint of ice cream. That's slow suicide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment