Monday, August 25, 2014

Day 2 of self-talk and trying hard

My goal for the next couple months or so is to lose 10 pounds. That's in addition to sticking close to paleo/primal while maintaining a decent blood sugar level, avoiding lows with the new medication. I am trying not to obsess about food, but when I was obsessing, I did a really good job of balancing proteins and carbs along with a fair amount of fruits and a huge amount of vegetables. Maybe I should obsess?

For today, my FBS was 268. That's pretty good for me. My loaf of pumpernickel from Whole Foods is now gone. I won't buy it again. It's too tempting. If I get a loaf of Pepperidge Farm, I freeze it and use it sparingly. I just couldn't let this fresh bread see the inside of a freezer; that would be a crime against humanity!

The French toast was so good yesterday that I soaked the ends of the bread in eggs and did it again. I'm running low on fresh veggies, so into the bag of frozen green beans with me! I cooked those with the pancetta and feel like I've eaten gourmet once more. 

I'm not sure yet where lunch will take me, but I'm ready for whatever it ends up being. I need to hard boil some eggs for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment