Thursday, July 10, 2014

Back to it, hard core

A rescue meal for breakfast. A failed dinner (filet of beef, onions) that had no taste at all was saved by sauteed mushrooms and some tomato juice. I hate to ruin expensive beef and there was no way I was going to toss it without giving it a second life with flavors I like. It did turn out to be pretty good. I hope not to have to rescue a meal again, but at least I know I can. 

After this morning's heavy breakfast of meat and vegetables, I thought I'd like something light and chill for lunch. A cold plate is a fun thing to have once in a while. Keeping hard boiled eggs on hand is a huge bonus and having cucumbers on hand is always a lifesaver. Right now, fresh melons and other fruits are in the stores and at the farmers markets, and the taste is divine. 

A simple dinner of sausage and applesauce followed by trail mix. All done!


No comments:

Post a Comment