Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Whole16, diabetes edition, day 8 (Recipe - Banana/egg "pancake")

FBS 263, still not great, but more like me. Diabetes is a bullshit disease, but we'll get this figured out.

This could be considered SWYPO, but I took a chance. It was a nice change for breakfast. I would use this as a meal and not a snack. 

Banana Pancake Recipe
1 banana
2 eggs
About 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice
1/2 tsp of cocoa powder
ghee or high quality butter
teaspoon of chopped pecans
Coconut milk (optional)

Whirl the banana and eggs, cocoa powder, and spice in the Magic Bullet or blender. Melt the ghee in a pan on medium heat. Pour in the banana/egg mix. Sprinkle some chopped pecans evenly. Let it cook fully on one side and try to turn it whole. I'e never been able to do that! Cook on the other side. Slide onto your plate and add a blob of coconut milk. Eat while warm for the best taste. 

I made a side trip to Fresh Market after exercise to pick up vegetables, fruits, and eggs. Forgot the eggs, but got a bunch of fun other stuff, including an apple, half of which went into the Waldorf salad along with homemade mayo, lemon juice, chicken, lettuce, pecans, raisins, and a lot of yum. The lemon juice made a big difference; I didn't put nearly enough in the mayo yesterday. I was super hungry, so a big salad was perfect for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment