Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Whole16, diabetes edition, day 7

FBS 319, seeming to be directly related to high carb snacking last night. If I have a snack tonight, it'll be cucumbers. 

Same ole, same ole, but I added tomatoes to the pan and then my eggs on top. My asparagus are all gone now. Time to dip into the zucchini! I also cooked a couple chicken breast tenders yesterday to make sure I have decent protein around. 

I made a great Waldorf salad for lunch. Half an apple, half a chicken breast, lettuce, raisins, pecans, and cinnamon and......
MAYO! I made that just before lunch. I didn't use enough dried mustard or lemon juice, but it's serviceable. I'll check the ingredient amounts next time!

Ooops. I just looked up the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 egg
2 tablespoons lemon juice @ room temp
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup plus 1 cup light-tasting olive oil (Not extra virgin. Try Filippo Berio or Bertoli.)
I forgot the salt, didn't put nearly enough lemon juice or dry mustard in it, and used less mayo than she calls for. I guess I'll pay closer attention next time!

I like the cauliflower and rutabaga mash with the hand blender better, but it was good nonetheless. There was a bit of meatloaf left over, so finished that up too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment