Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Good Morning Paleo Me

I tried something new this morning. I had seen a picture of this somewhere and even my picture looks good enough to try. I picked up a big portobello at Whole Foods the other day just to give this a shot. I cleaned it and cracked an egg in the well, adding some leftover sausage in small pieces. I forgot the S&P, so added that after. I baked it for about 40 minutes and that turned out to be a bit too long. The egg was sort of like a hard boiled egg, which was okay. The mushroom was just a bit much, though. I probably will not try this again, but I'm glad it was on my plate this morning. I'll never stop trying foods I haven't had before!

Blech. I just tried one of these: 
I'd really like to enjoy these things, but this was another no thank you fail. I ate half of it because I'm hungry and not quite ready for my salad. Which brings me to this:
This is going to be great - cucumbers, tomatoes, chicken, avocado, and Tessamae's ranch. I have it "simmering" in the refrigerator as we speak!


Made some rutabaga fries in the oven. They were amazing! The ham and pineapple were as good as would be expected. Great dinner.

Reflections: It's been a weird day and I'm glad it's winding down. Good food, good activities, bleh mood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment