Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Whole30, Day 9, and a little fall on the deck

Here's an email I sent my sister this morning:

There's a layer of ice on the deck. I took the dog out and slipped in such a way that the next thing I knew, I was flat on my back and hollering fuck, fuck, fuck. I'm pretty sure I'm fine. My palms are ouching a little, but no scrapes. My lower back is ouching, but I think it's okay. My butt is not happy, but I don't think it's like it was when we drove to NC and I had the butt ache. At this age, it's wait and see. I don't think I fell in a weird way enough to hurt my knees and that's the big thing. I just kind of stayed flat for what seemed like an eternity (probably 30 seconds) and got myself up. Argh. I am not going to have a hurt back, dammit. I'll be up and walking around a lot today, so that should help. I just feel pretty stupid. And so, fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

It's an hour later and I'm a little sore in the upper butt/lower back area. Sigh..

Doesn't look like much, but it is! Eggs, Virginia ham, and whirled tomatoes. Who could ask for more? I had a banana earlier. I'm not sure why, but I wasn't hungry this morning, but made myself have a little something. Simple and elegant, and very tasty.

This is Stefanie's lunch, but I had the same thing. We had a fun morning of running all over Williamsburg for Whole30 food and candles. Fun! I made lunch - pineapple with cinnamon and coconut milk, egg salad with shredded lettuce. Yum. 

Butt/back update - Walking around and getting in and out of the car was probably a good thing. I don't think I hurt anything of great importance. Thank goodness. I refuse to be incapacitated again. I told Stefanie at Harris-Teeter that I was not going to be injured again, dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment