Friday, April 11, 2014

Whole30, Day 4 (Recipe - Pumpkin Souffle & variation)

This is the original pumpkin souffle recipe:

Large scoop pumpkin (probably 1/3 cup)
2 eggs
Pumpkin pie spice
Generous scoop of almond butter or coconut butter
Smashed banana, the riper the better

Whisk eggs, add pumpkin, spices, almond butter and mashed banana.  Mix well and put into a bowl. Microwave 4 minutes until "souffle" like.

I did it a little differently. I put all the ingredients (about a tablespoon of cashew butter) in a bowl and used my hand blender with the wire whisk attachment to blend, de-lump, and aerate the mix. I poured that in a small baking pan and baked at 350° for about 30 minutes so the eggs would fully set. Here's the finished product.
An excellent breakfast whit great flavor and spice. I put a tiny blob (about a teaspoon) of coconut cream on top and feel like I'm eating gourmet for breakfast. Yum!

Lunch was wonderful. Damn, I'm a good cook. I sauteed cabbage and onions in bacon grease until almost done, then put a thin boneless pork chop in and cooked until done. Serve with applesauce and voila, dazzling!

I was able to get my herbs planted on the deck. I have a few more to plant and then it's time to address the raised bed  in the yard. I have a good feeling about the gardening this year!

I present to you dinner. Oh my, it was good. It's a deluxe Waldorf salad - lettuce, celery, raisins, pecans, apples, cinnamon, mayo, and crumbled bacon on top. Nuff said. 

Reflections: It's been another good day. Four days into this and I'm a bit of a crank. I wasn't expecting that, but here it is. I've been more active than ever the past four days and hope to keep that up. It's spring and going outside is amazing right now. I've worked on the garden, planting herbs, moving dirt, and will be buying the rest of the dirt for the raised bed garden this weekend. I want to get my squash in the ground and have ordered seed tape for the rest of the vegetables I want to plant. I am a forever not-good gardener, but I keep trying! I hate getting my hands dirty, though; I'm a glove wearer. People laugh when I mention the no dirty hands thing, but hey, it works for me. Sorta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment