Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Whole30, Day 2

I make so many good breakfasts that it's kind of disappointing when they don't turn out exactly as I would have hoped. During my first Whole30, I would blend up tomatoes in a mini food processor and pour that on my eggs when they were done. This time, I added grape tomatoes to the eggs in the Magic Bullet. It was a little too liquidy, but tasted okay. The tomato taste went well with the broccoli slaw that I had cooked with the bacon. That's the other thing; the bacon was pretty blech. Too fatty and didn't get crisp. I shared a huge portion of it with the dog. Abbey loves bacon mistakes! She got most of the fatty parts and I got the meaty parts. Overall, it was an okay breakfast. One bad breakfast is not going to stop me in my tracks. This is day 2 of feeling like I can conquer anything and I'm going to hold onto that. 

I wasn't hungry and didn't feel like cooking, so I whipped up a Waldorf salad - apples, celery, raisins, chicken, pecans, and cinnamon. Funny thing is, it takes almost as long to make this as it does to cook a little something. Paleo logic!

Sausage (farmers market), broccoli with ghee, and mushrooms sauteed while the sausage cooked. So good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment