Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Whole30, Day 1

I love, love, love ketchup on eggs, but it's a no-no on Whole30. I stocked up on avocados. They bring an amazing taste to eggs. It's not ketchup, but it works. Add asparagus and farmers market bacon and you have a great meal 1 for this go-round of Whole30. 

Whipped coconut milk/cream with raspberries. 

Roast beef rolled around a mash of avocado and tomato. 
(Update: I later learned the roast beef has sugar in it, so I won't be eating any more of it.)

Lunch is done. I took an impromptu 30-minute walk with the dog earlier and now I'm bushed. No time for a nap that I can see today. Oh well, plow ahead, right? 

Fail. Blech. I tossed cauliflower with lots of garlic and a bit of olive oil in a baking pan, then added a seasoned chicken breast. The house instantly reeked of garlic. I didn't like what I was smelling, so I added a small container of cooked carrots to the mix, thinking that would bring the taste down a bit. But it just wasn't very good. I ate it, but I won't make it again. Half of the chicken is off the bone for tomorrow. Let's hope it tastes better than it did tonight! I also partially blame the ick on the cauliflower, which was a week old. Meh, can't win them all!

Reflections: I am in this Whole30 for a lot of reasons and I want to make it work. I feel empowered today and confident, but there is ice cream in the freezer and I suspect it will be my nemesis for a few days before I totally forget about it. I'm playing the "eat it and get it out of here" game in my head countered with "don't take a bite." I don't want to obsess, but I will for a few days at least. Food = the stepping blocks to living well and feeling good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment