Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sick of sick - time to heal

My stupid "cold" is back. I have a cyst in the nether regions. And I've had shit for sleep the past few days, though last night gave in and took an Ambien knowing I had 8 hours to sleep. Normally, I sleep 6ish hours and wouldn't take a pill. Emergencies only, you know. Richard had a Rx for an antibiotic for his back cyst last year; the doctor prescribed it for an out of town trip in case he had an inflammation. He didn't, but he saved the pills. I commandeered those today and I should be good to go. Sick of it, I tell ya. The one thing I can control is food, and so that's what I'm doing. I'm kind of tired of feeling like I'm walking through a sludge fog. Time to take the reins again, dammit.
Simple. No ketchup either. Eggs, asparagus, and pancetta. Let the gut/mind/body be as one with the universe ASAP.

One of the Post W30 Paleo peeps posted a skewer picture and I decided I must copy it! I used pineapple with cinnamon, chicken with garlic powder, and straight up grape tomatoes. Then I put a healthy dose of coconut aminos on them and put them in the toaster oven for 40 minutes. It was really good. The process of eating these slowed me down and probably served to fill me up more than when eating fast. 

On a totally non-related note, I'm watching Online Dating Rituals on Bravo right now and this dumbass Alex Stein is on. He's been on other reality shows and is crude ego. He said he was diagnosed with ADHD when he was younger. That is not a big shocker. I saw him on Glass House and Worst Cooks, and he was a major dick. Guess what, he's a major dick here too. Why am I watching this anyway? 

Earlier, I had a "smoothie" that I made with coconut milk, banana, and cocoa powder. Damned good. For dinner, I put rainbow trout in a bag with crushed up sweet potato chips, then pan fried it. The mash is the last of my leftovers - cauliflower and celery root. I'll have a few Enjoy Life chips this evening and the day is done.

Overall, with the exception of lack of exercise, it's been an honestly clean day. Let's do it again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment