Monday, February 17, 2014

WholePaleo Day forever, No-Buy Week day 2

No weight lost. I'm wondering if my day off needs to be limited. It seems I lose 1 and gain 1/2. That's not a way to focus on weight loss for the beginning of this year. Honestly, I'm simply not losing. So, how to address that? Limit the off W30 foods (i.e., cheese, cottage cheese, snacks) even if they fit in the MyFitnessPal program. I have good foods in the house. No need to stray. I lowered my calorie target, but that's not my obsession. It's a guide to see where things shake down. I have it set to 1.5 pounds per week based on food and activity. The difference for me is that the food is the important part - whole, no grains, organic, no legumes, limited sugar (in the organic ketchup and relish), and veggies and fruits galore.

One no-buy day down. We've talked about getting this and that and I keep reminding Richard that I'm buying nothing this week. If I need it bad enough, I can get it next week, if ever.
This morning I opted for farm fresh sausage. I cooked the asparagus with the sausage, drained the excess grease (there's a lot with this sausage), and then added whirled eggs right in with the asparagus. It was very speecy spicy! This batch of sausage is a bit on the hot side (it varies from batch to batch from the farmers market; I guess the pig man goes heavy on the red pepper from time to time), but it was really good. Some organic ketchup cooled it down just a bit. 

It's a pool day and I'm ready to move. By Friday, my waterproof MP3 player should be here. My plan is to go to class 3 days a week and swim laps 1 day a week. That meets my personal and PactApp goals. Let's get this Monday started!

I went crazy at the pool. Oh yes I did. The exercise class was okay, but I wanted more, so halfway through, I dove into a lane and swam laps for the last half hour. I did my own stretching and bicycle movement for my knees, and it was great. I will take my goggles into the pool area even if I'm going to class...just in case. When I got home, I was famished with a capital FAM. I popped my two plantain cakes that I was going to have with lunch into the toaster oven and ate them with the apple spread lickety split. I didn't take a picture, but I counted every bite. It was a perfect quick snack.

I did get a picture of my lunch when I finally settled enough to make it. Egg salad and lettuce. It's so good. I think I like it better this way than I did when I ate it with crackers or bread. 

Question - is anyone reading this besides me? :) Just curious. I write for myself and get off topic a lot, so just was wondering if anyone out there was reading too. All are welcome. The more the merrier.

Last night, I had beef marinated in Tessemae's BBQ sauce. I put some chicken tenders in the BBQ sauce, added coconut aminos, and then set that to marinate until dinner tonight. I cut up the chicken and added it to a batch of caramelized onions I had in the frig, and wowsers, an amazing stir fry was created. I added a bit of extra ghee to last night's cauliflower/celery root mash, and dinner was served. Richard's missing out on some good eating, but then, he got some fresh onions with his burger tonight. I had to chop up three onions for freezing, and he always gets at least one serving of them when they're fresh. I now have a huge bag of onions in the frig to have with everything and anything over the next week or so.

Day 2 of no-buy week is fine. The week is early and eventually, I'll have a challenge, like Friday, my day off! Eeep. No buy that day too. I have some Enjoy Life chips; I bet I end up doing something with them on Friday. Probably along with a banana and who knows what else. Whatever my treat it, it'll be made from stuff I already have here. 

It's been a good day. I loved the lap swimming today, I got a nice short but refreshing nap, and my meals have been fabulous. I'm still getting over that stupid cold, but it's getting further and further away and weaker and weaker every day. I'll be glad when it's 100% gone. 

Gum doctor tomorrow. I'm counting on no more surgery, but we'll see. I'm surgeried out.

1 comment:

  1. Everyday.. keep writing.. it is good stuff!

    ReplyDelete