Sunday, February 2, 2014

Whole30, Day 8

My night out with the girls was fun. Coffee was a good idea, seeing how I had a car full of drunk ass wimmins to drive home. Don't tell them I said that!

Breakfast was pretty darned good. I sauteed the asparagus with the pancetta, then broke in two eggs and spread them across the asparagus, let them set, then turned the circle over whole, and let it set again. Delightful. And I had ketchup!

 The Tessemae's came yesterday. I tried it with breakfast and then wrote them a little note about it. 
It needs a little less vinegar and a beefier amount of tomato. It was acceptable, but could be a whole lot better. 

Lunch was very simple. Beef sticks and a nice Honey Crisp apple with cinnamon. I'm on day 2 of quitting smoking and my brain is a little discombobulated. I wasn't in the mood for cooking at all. I'll cook later when I make chili. Right now, I'm glad two meals are down. 

I've had a few moments this afternoon where I really wanted to smoke, but I walked a mile instead after putting a Nicorette lozenge in my cheek. I'm not smoking. That's just all there is to it.

Dinner was a W30 compliant chili served over sauteed zucchini and mushrooms. It was really good. I didn't miss the beans at all. Richard's half had beans. I'll have the remaining beanless portion tomorrow with lettuce and Richard will finish off his part. There's crab in the frig that needs to be cooked. I believe I'm having a crab quiche muffin thing for breakfast!



No comments:

Post a Comment