Saturday, February 8, 2014

Whole30, Day 11

It's kind of hard to do a Whole30 when you're sick. Argh. Stops and starts and lots of hacking up icky lung bits for days on end. I believe I'm on the mend! I still feel a little blech, but I can deal with that. A couple good night's sleep and I'll be on top of the world. Or at least close to the top of the world. Oh hell. You know what I mean.

I got my breakfast groove on. I usually fix bacon or sausage on Richard's day to sleep late. He was a champ and slept till 9. That meant the bacon cooked for 2 hours on barely-there heat. I sauteed some bean sprouts and then added a couple eggs to the pan. It wasn't my best work, but it was edible with the Tessemae's W30 compliant ketchup. (Have I mentioned I miss my organic ketchup that I use when not doing W30?) I had an apple on the counter looking like it was about to buy the farm, so I cut it up, doused it with apple pie spice, and cooked it in a couple of orange juice ice cubes. I added a pat of coconut milk on top when it was time to eat. That was seriously delicious. W30 is not a tasteless way to eat at all. You have to cook, in my opinion, to make it work, but so many amazing meals are at your disposal...like this one!

I've gone back and read most of this blog from day 1. I have some time for reflection today and it was probably the best way to have spent the time. Looking back, this has not been easy from day 1 (weight loss) and maybe it never will be, but it's a true and honest goal and one I can achieve. I used to say I was "fucking fat" all the time. I still am in reality, just not as fat as I was. I'm not at my goal yet, but I will get there. Perhaps by my birthday. We shall see. I'm high on motivation and low on rationalization right now, and that's a very good combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment