Sunday, February 16, 2014

Weekend is over (for me) and a no-buy challenge

I'm going to present a challenge to myself - no online buying for a week. I can still buy groceries if the veggies run low (they shouldn't) or if the dog needs food (she shouldn't). Other than that, no buy. Just an exercise in determination and frugality. I want Apple TV, but I don't want to get that until next payday. I bought a new Speedo waterproof MP3 player this pay period; that's enough. So, let's do this one week thing. I have all I need. I don't need to buy what I want.

My trip to Whole Foods kind of started this. I bought very little. Their vanilla whoopie pies are evil, though. Two jumped in my cart. I did not buy a ton of stuff like I usually do. It'll be there next time I need it. Buying ghee and organic mayo yesterday would have been overkill; I have some in reserve. I did get Dover sole, rainbow trout, and some scallops. Goat cheese and some organic cottage cheese to try were on my list. Neither are daily foods. I shred the cheese and freeze it, then use about a tablespoon at a time every once in a while. I had a nice breakfast at Mimi's with Allison and Judge, totally off plan. We visited for a while and it was just a nice morning out. I'm not sure why I was so tired when I got home - maybe my poor nutrition for the 24 hours?
Breakfast is a great way to begin the week. Kale is so much better and so delicious whirled with eggs and then cooked. Abbey enjoyed the pancetta with me. I had a baggie of shredded goat cheese in the freezer and added about a tablespoon of that to the egg dish. Very flavorful and very satisfying. 
Fruit salad (leftovers) with some organic cottage cheese was lunch.

 For snack, I had Nick's Sticks. They're turning out to be pretty good at being a filling snack. That will hold me till dinner for sure.
Beef loin marinated in Tessemae's BBQ sauce and then quick pan fried. Amazing. The mash is cauliflower and celery root. The cauliflower is an old bag of frozen that I found. It was good, but nowhere as good as the fresh stuff. That's for damned sure. I put chicken breast tenders and coconut aminos in the leftover marinade, and that's in the refrigerator for tomorrow night. I'm hoping that it comes out with a teriyaki taste. 

The day is over. I believe it's been a pretty good one. I've felt sluggish as hell and have felt like I'm slogging through molasses. It's probably from over indulging on Friday and most of yesterday. I had a short nap and still am eager for 10 p.m. to arrive so I can go to bed. Exercise class is tomorrow and I'm so looking forward to it.

No buy day number 1 has been fine. No dollars spent and there are a lot of things I want to buy!


No comments:

Post a Comment