Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Article about losing weight, WholePaleo loving, No Buy Week day 3

I ran across a blog entry today about why one might not be losing weight on a paleo diet. PaleoPlan.com talks about maybe lowering calories if you're not losing. Too much of even a good thing is too much. And that comes at a good time. I am using My Fitness Pal right now to keep an eye on how much I'm eating calorie-wise. I've been pleasantly surprised. I'm using it more as a meal planning tool than anything else, but the numbers shake down where I'd like them to be. Add that to the level of exercise I do, and losing weight is a shoe-in. I'm down 0.5 pounds today.

My plan today includes a doctor's appointment at noonish. His office is in a complex that is surrounded by a 1-mile road. I'm taking my walking shoes and going for a walk after the appointment. The rain we're having this morning is supposed to be gone and the weather is expected to be in the 50s/60s, so it's a perfect day for a half-hour jaunt. Back to the pool tomorrow!

The end of my asparagus! I got 4 servings out of the last batch I bought. That's pretty good. I added a little bit of goat cheese for a tang and it was really good. I finally found recycled paper plates, so I don't mind using them as much. It's one of those things I'll always use, I guess. I'm very kind to the environment in so many ways; I don't mind this one indulgence. 

Meals are planned for today, activity is planned for today, and I hope there are some "where'd this come from?" moments today too. My goal is to have every day be a good day. Life's way too short to be a crabby appleton. Regarding my no-buy week - I do find myself thinking about what I want to get and that it's a few keystrokes away (usually at night, just like eating at night!). It's been easy to redirect those thoughts and if it's something I really need, I've been adding it to my grocery list. This is a good exercise for me. Days of less plenty are ahead and I want to be ready. Good food, good buying habits, good sleep, good exercise = good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment