Friday, January 31, 2014

Whole30, Day 6

-0.2 pounds. I'll take it!

The deep hole I was in yesterday is gone. My mojo is firmly in place. Not sure where the little bugger was hiding, but he found his way back into my head.

It's odd going through evenings/nights of "want, want, want!," but it's a reality for me and one I'm just going to have to learn to live with until I make it such a habit to not give in that the inner addict will stop talking to me. Plus, today is quit smoking -1 day. I'll have new challenges in the upcoming days, but for some reason, I feel more than prepared and eager to make this happen.

I used this as my jumping off point - http://simplylivinghealthy.org/2011/12/05/proscuitto-and-spinach-egg-cups/. I varied it very little. I used chopped mushrooms, chopped asparagus, chopped green onions as the vegetables. There was no room for spinach! I used silicone muffin cups lined with prosciutto, added the vegetables to the 8 cups, then poured 4 whirled eggs in (not much, just enough to get some in each cup). I baked at 350° for about 20 minutes. I wanted a tangy/sweet side, so strawberries it was. This was a super thumbs up breakfast for sure. I recommend it to anyone doing Whole30 or paleo or really to everyone. No special diet required. 

No comments:

Post a Comment