Sunday, January 26, 2014

Whole30, Day 1

Baseline weight established. Meals planned for a week. Graphics for my FB photo made. Okay, so that one is not so important. I feel strong and determined, and ready for my body to feel right again.

What will I lose doing a Whole30?
A little weight. That lump in my throat.My growing fatigue. Inflammatory processes that tend to hang out in the winter.

What will I gain doing a Whole30?
Self-respect. Improved everything. Nothing left to add after improved everything. That about covers it!
Starting the day off right. Farm fresh sausage, zucchini sauteed in ghee and with Sunny Paris spice blend, and a small bowl of strawberries with a bit of coconut milk. 

And then there was lunch.
Organic compliant hot dog, carrots with a dab of ghee, and pineapple with coconut milk. I also had a few walnuts to top it off. 

A fruit thingie for snack, and after dinner, peaches. 
I cooked up the tail of the loin with mushrooms and green beans (way too much; had to save some for breakfast), along with left over sweet potato/rutabaga mash and some avocado. 

Day 1 is in the books. I'm tired from staying up late last night. I have a lump in my throat that has been there for a couple weeks. I hope to remedy both situations in the next couple days. 

It's also 5 days, 3 hours, 56 minutes and 7 seconds until quit smoking day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment