Thursday, January 23, 2014

Coming out of a deep, dark hole

What happens to a person when they try every single day and by the end of the day, don't care enough to keep it going? That's the bazillion dollar question that would solve all the world's ills, or at least a lot of ills related to wanting to lose a little weight. I'm as healthy as they come. All of my blood work indicators, except the hemoglobin A1c (a biggie!), are in perfect order. During my visit with my doctor this morning, he suggested that yes, I took some time off, but now to get back into it. I agree and agreed with him at the office.

Now comes the hard part. Getting my head out of my ass and making it so.

My first step out of the hole is going to bed at 10 p.m. and no later than 11 p.m. on "late" nights.

I'll ponder my other steps as I move forward with the first goal to be fully Whole30 by February 1, if not sooner, and to quit smoking on February 1 in conjunction.

I've continued to exercise on a very regular basis and I eat properly until late nights. It would seem to me that my first step is the right step.


No comments:

Post a Comment