Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Whole30-II, day 5

This breakfast is no stranger to my W30 or to my blog. Being without asparagus is almost a crisis in my house now! Love the organic eggs and the pancetta too. Everyone should eat so well. Perfect day with a lot of activity ahead! 

Sweet potato/apple fritters

1/2 sweet potato, shredded or spiral cut and chopped
1 small apple, shredded or spiral cut and chopped
1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/4-1/2 teaspoon ginger (spice, not fresh)
1 tablespoon coconut (unsweetened) - optional
1-2 teaspoons of coconut crystals or honey (not W30 if added) - optional
1 egg

Place shredded sweet potato in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. In the same bowl, add the apple and spices, along with the coconut and sweetener if added. Stir and add the egg. Stir and blend all ingredients. Fry in ghee or coconut oil which covers the bottom of your pan and has been heated. Cook on one side for about 3-5 minutes until brown. Turn, press down, and cook the other side for about 3-5 minutes. I made 3 fritters. You could add 1 more egg and make 4 cakier fritters.

I tried something new for lunch - sweet potato and apple fritters. Really good! I had these with an organic/compliant hot dog, and lunch was complete.  

It was leftovers night. I had the last of the mystery beef dish along with the last of the broccoli/cauliflower mash. It was pretty good. My husband and dog got the last of the turkey from last night. Dishes are done, meal is over, and so is my eating for today. 


Reflections: I front loaded yesterday with a ton of exercise and not have dinner, knowing that there would be snacks at the forensics class. I'm glad I did! Pumpkin bread is hard to resist. Today, though, has been a 100% on target W30 day. I was tired much of today due to staying up way too late last night, but I ate well and got activity when I could. Is this how real people live? Oh wait, I'm a real person, so the answer to that one is probably yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment