Saturday, November 9, 2013

Taking stock and making plans

I wrote meal plans for the week last night. Thankfully, I got paid so was able to shop for more than just fill-in items. I have trips to Fresh Market and Trader Joe's planned for early in the week. I want to be obsessed for a little while, and so I am.
What a lovely breakfast. I cooked up the bacon, drained the grease to use later, added spinach leaves and grape tomatoes cut in half to the pan and sauteed the veggies. The spinach wilted quickly and the tomatoes warmed through. I added two eggs and 1/2 ounce of sharp cheddar, salt and pepper, and let it set before I turned it. The goal was a fritatta, but that didn't work out so well. Who cares? It was delicious regardless. Two large strawberries and a gourmet meal was ready. I shared the bacon with Abbey, of course. She approved!


No comments:

Post a Comment