Monday, November 11, 2013

Sunday and Monday - Catching up

On track, off track, red light, green light. But the most important light right now is the caution light. It's make or break time.

I am 80ish pounds lighter than when I started my weight loss journey three years ago. I'm very proud of that! Along the way, I met Whole30 and paleo, and not only kept losing weight, but improved my overall health, mostly blood sugar levels. And now, here I am, a different me and guess what? I feel so fricking fat that it's amazing. I feel like I haven't lost an ounce. I thought I was feeling a sense of homeostasis, but the old fat me came back and entered my head. Along with that mindset came the awakening of some old urges that can turn into habits in the blink of a caution light.

So today we heed the caution light. It's our totem for today.

My plan includes a 2-1/2 mile walk at 9 a.m. after the dog naps and recharges and my breakfast is settled within. I do have work to do later today, but this morning is free and I want to put it to good use. My second piece of the plan is to try to avoid a nap. I really don't need one; I got eight hours of sleep last night. Lastly, my plan includes to stick to the meals that I've written out for the week. And with that, here's yesterday's fare:
Breakfast was leftover celery root mash with some eggs and leftover farmers market sausage. Lunch was a small filet with mushrooms and artichoke hearts. Dinner was egg salad with lettuce. I had a few Caveman cookies later which were not on the agenda. I also got a few orange candies and mint cookies. See how it snowballs? I start with something that is okay and then move into foods that I do not want to eat. Caution. Overall, a 3.5 day. Nothing amazing. Nothing blah. 

This morning, I am following what I set out on my weekly meal plan, with the exception, so far, of a change in veggie for breakfast. I also feel like I have my world under control for now.

The last of the artichoke hearts, bacon (including Abbey's portion!), and eggs. The artichoke was good, but I probably won't buy it again. It was a vacuum sealed pack of hearts that had been roasted. I keep thinking I like artichoke more than I do and usually, I let it go bad. With an eye toward "You bought it, you eat it!", I decided to go ahead and eat it and move on. I have chicken tenders out for lunch.  

Just for today, I will eat no grains, dairy, or sugar. Just adding that to my mid-day post to remind myself of my determination. I mean, geesh. I walked 2.75 miles today. I can do anything!

An unlikely mess - but daggumit, it was good! Zucchini, onions, asparagus, tomatoes, and spinach along with chicken tenders, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and a few turkey broth ice cubes. Wowzers!


No comments:

Post a Comment