Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Whole Thanksgiving Day 4 or Day 1, depending

Vow to self: No night eating today.

So, I made these this morning. Here's the recipe. And here's how they're supposed to look:
I used a blend of coconut flour and almond flour rather than all almond flour. I used eggs and not apple sauce. And, I used a muffin top pan rather than a muffin pan. Okay, that's the how. The taste was okay, but the texture was kind of weird. The raspberries themselves were really good. My overall impression is that they're not worth making again. I am not that much into baking anyway and if my baking doesn't turn out amazing, I'm not going to try it twice. I'm glad I made them, but I'm not sure that I'll make a second batch. There's a really good chance that I'm not a fan of paleo baked goods. They were very dense, which is not something I enjoy. I'm glad I made them, though! They made for a different breakfast. 


Lunch was simple - yogurt, pineapple, raspberry muffin thing, and some watermelon was had after I did some leaf blowing.

Dinner was way better than a simple lunch! Dover sole dredged in sweet potato flour, seasoned with salt and pepper, pan fried in ghee, with a side dish of broccoli and cauliflower mash (seasoned with ghee and coconut milk). Good food is good. 

Reflections: Take care not to repeat the errors of the past. Take care to repeat the successes of the present. Take care to reach the future with .....

No comments:

Post a Comment